AKA presently offers a number of useful services to its member departments. The list below briefly describes the services and links to the location on the site where more details can be found if available.
- Access to the AKA webpage featuring Kinesiology Today, a news journal about kinesiology departments and issues confronting the field;
- A job listing service provided at no cost to member departments that advertises faculty openings to over 800+ kinesiology departments;
- Consulting service in strategic planning available at no cost to member departments;
- Workshops and seminars on topics of vital interest to department heads, deans and other faculty members, some co-sponsored with our affiliated organizations;
- Enrollment, faculty, and curricular data on peer departments across the country;
- National Scholar Awards for academically accomplished undergraduate students
- Advocacy efforts at the national and local level for kinesiology departments.