Candidates for the officer position of Junior Member at Large must be a current or past member of the Board of Directors. After serving one year the Junior Member at Large shall become the Senior Member at Large, so the position is for two years. Both Junior and Senior Members at Large serve as Liaisons to the Communication Committee.
The Junior Member at Large will be elected annually and will serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee for two years, one as the Junior Member and the second as the Senior Member. All newly elected officers shall assume their duties after the annual workshop. The Junior Member shall become the Senior Member and the Senior Member shall rotate off at this time. The Junior and Senior Members at Large are accountable to the Board of Directors as specified in the bylaws.
The members at large collaborate with the Standing Communication Committee and are responsible for general communication to current and potential member institutions. Specific duties include the following:
- Attend meetings of the Executive Committee and provide updates related to communication goals
- Develop and support strategies to enhance communication across the discipline
- Promote increased and effective communication with membership and affiliates
- Work with the Chair of the Communication Committee to develop a three-year communication plan.
- The Junior Member will assist the Executive Director, Business Manager, and Workshop Chairs on email communications (e.g. workshop information)
- The Senior Member will assist the Executive Director, Business Manager, Kinesiology Today Editor with Kinesiology Kinnections and social networks
The Junior and Senior Members at Large prepare a report about their activities and services within the communication committee report for the Board of Directors.
Date approved: August, 2016
Dates revised: January, 2017